Information for Tax Preparers
Written notice of the option to contribute to the Nongame Wildlife Fund "Checkoff" is now required by Minnesota Statutes 270C.445 Subd.5a
- A tax preparer must give written notice of the option to contribute to the nongame wildlife fund
- Corporate and individual clients that file an income tax return or property tax refund claim form
- The notice must be included with preliminary worksheets or organizer sent to clients
- Include a line for the amount of contribution
- Effective starting the 2005 tax season
A free and easy solution for tax preparers
The DNR Nongame Wildlife Program is pleased to offer Checkoff Post-it Pads free to tax preparers. Use them on worksheets and organizers sent out to your clients. This free and easy to use post-it pledge reminder fulfills the new requirement for notification.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Nongame Wildlife Program Window Clings!
This 4"x4" logo window cling replaces the poster for this year. These are less expensive, less cumbersome and more visible! Order as many as you need to give to your clients who donate to the nongame fund. If people are interested in a window cling, even if they didn't donate, you may still provide them. Our goal is to familiarize our public with our logo and the checkbox.
To order your free post-it pads and window clings:
send us an email with your:
- name and/or company
- complete address and phone number (no P.O. Box numbers)
- quantity of pads (100 notes per pad)
Please call 651-259-5148 if you have questions.
Thank you for your support in helping preserve Minnesota's wildlife. Over 80% of the funding for the DNR Nongame Wildlife Program comes from Checkoff donations at tax time.