Information for Tax Preparers
Written notice of the option to contribute to the Nongame Wildlife Fund "Checkoff" is now required by Minnesota Statutes 270C.445 Subd.5a
- A tax preparer must give written notice of the option to contribute to the nongame wildlife fund
- Corporate and individual clients that file an income tax return or property tax refund claim form
- The notice must be included with preliminary worksheets or organizer sent to clients
- Include a line for the amount of contribution
- Effective starting the 2005 tax season
A free and easy solution for tax preparers
The DNR Nongame Wildlife Program is pleased to offer Checkoff Post-it Pads free to tax preparers. Use them on worksheets and organizers sent out to your clients. This free and easy to use post-it pledge reminder fulfills the new requirement for notification.
Unfortunately, due to funding shortages, we were unable to produce a Nongame poster for 2011-12 tax year.
The 2010 Checkoff Poster features a pair of Loons feeding their chick.
To order your free post-it Pads
send us an email with your:
- name and/or company
- complete address and phone number (no P.O. Box numbers)
- quantity of pads (100 notes per pad)
Please call 651-259-5148 if you have questions.
Thank you for your support in helping preserve Minnesota's wildlife. Over 80% of the funding for the DNR Nongame Wildlife Program comes from Checkoff donations at tax time.