Hill Annex Mine Tours
The demand for iron to make steam engines, locomotives, and ships spurred the growth of the iron industry. The Hill Annex Mine produced over 64 million tons of the iron ore used to make the steel.
In 1988, Hill Annex Mine became a Minnesota State Park.
- Fossil Hunter Tour - hunt for fossils from the Cretaceous era - best of all you can keep what you find!
- Historic Mine Tour - board a bus to trace the route miners took to get to work at the mine.
Photo gallery | How to get there | Contact us
- Tours begin at the historic Club House museum.
- Old clothes and water are recommended on the Fossil Hunter Tour.
- Contact the park for ADA accessible tours.
Reserve a tour
Reservations are available for all regular tours. Up to ten tickets can be reserved with one reservation. Call the park for more information.
Hill Annex Mine State Park