Lake Vermilion management
Public input now open
Comments on Lake Vermilion's draft management plan are being accepted through Wednesday, Aug. 16.
The plan, which was shaped by a citizen committee and will be effective from 2017-2022, updates the existing management plan. The 20-member committee met eight times over eight months in 2016 to develop the plan.
Online comments on the plan's four sections can be made by following the links below:
Email comments also will be accepted through Aug. 16. Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All comments will be reviewed in August and September. The final plan will be completed in October.
Input group members
Citizens representing diverse local and statewide interests in Lake Vermilion shaped the draft management plan. They are:
- Phil Bakken, Lake Vermilion Guides League
- Jim Battin, At-large
- Bob Benson, Lake Vermilion Fisheries Committee
- Justin Birch, Esocid workgroup
- Brian Borkholder, Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- Al Grabowski, Bass workgroup
- Terry Grosshauser, Walleye workgroup
- Eric Hanson, Lake Vermilion Resort Association
- Mel Hintz, Sportsmen's Club of Lake Vermilion
- Gabrielle Holman, Bois Forte Band of Chippewa
- Buck Lescarbeau, Lake Vermilion Guides League
- Grant Lodden, At-large
- Glenn Merrick, At-large
- Billy Rosner, At-large
- Jay Schelde, Lake Vermilion Resort Association
- Ed Tausk, Sportsmen's Club of Lake Vermilion
- Craig Tikkanen, Vermilion Community College
- Jim Tolan, Lake Vermilion Fisheries Committee
- Brian Zak, At-large
- John Zwieg, At-large