Title. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
• The RJD Memorial Hardwood Forest is located in southeastern Minnesota. This state forest includes bluffs of the Great River Road of the Mississippi River and a number state water trails. Cannon River, Mississippi River, Root River, Whitewater River, and Zumbro River state water trails are within the forest's boundaries.
• The best times to visit RJD Memorial Hardwood Forest is in the early spring when the spring ephemerals are in bloom and in the autumn for the fall colors. The DNR lists RJD Memorial Hardwood Forest as among the best places in the state for birdwatching, motorized trail riding, horseback riding, and mountain biking.
• This state forest features six recreational areas, seven campgrounds, and one day-use area. There really is something for everyone in this state forest.
Seasonal OHV trail closures are:Snake Creek Unit: CLOSED, Trout Valley Unit: CLOSED,
Boat Ramp Nearby
Canoe / Kayak
21.5 Miles Class I ATV
•Notice: Groomed snowmobile trails, as signed, are closed Dec. 1 to off-highway vehicles (OHVs) and highway licensed vehicles (HLV's).
•Horseback riding trails are open May 1–November 1.
• Mountain bikes, horses, OHMs, and ATVs are restricted to designated, signed trails only.
• The big game hunter/trapper motor vehicle use exception does not apply within this state forest.
•Brightsdale Forest Management Unit
SPECIAL FEATURES IN STATE FOREST
• Frontenac State Park