Remote campsites offer an experience like no other. Kayak out to a site, or hop on your bike and pedal to the tent. Remote campsites are inaccessible by motor vehicle, but they're a terrific option for those looking to hike-in, bike-in, or boat-in.
- Regular Season: $12 - $22 per night
- Off-Season: $12 - $16 per night
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m. Reserve Now!
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday through Sunday October through March, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily April through September. Call center is closed holidays.
Learn more about making or cancelling a reservation.
- Regular Season is typically late spring to mid-fall.
- Off-Season dates vary by park. Check with park for details.
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 4 p.m.
Locations & Opportunities
- Bathrooms: Water and primitive toilet facilities.
- Capacity: Up to six people, one tent per site.
- Cooking: All sites have a picnic table and fire ring with grill for cooking.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota restricts firewood being brought to or used on DNR lands. More information and vendor list.
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times.
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.