Trail etiquette and rules
Share the trail with others
- Stay on designated trails.
- Keep right so others can pass.
- Keep all pets on leash.
- Obey traffic signs and rules.
- Pack out all garbage and litter.
- Respect adjoining landowners rights and privacy.
- Warn other trail users when passing by giving an audible signal.
- Some horses may be spooked by quiet bikers or in-line skaters. Let them know you are passing.
- Overnight camping and campfires are permitted only on designated campsites.
- Never leave campfires unattended.
- Enjoy the beauty of wild plants & animals, but leave them undisturbed for all to enjoy.
Trail users are legally responsible for obeying the rules and regulations provided in Minnesota Rules, State Recreational Trails, 6100.3000 through 6100.4300