McQuade Boat Launch Map (1.3 MB)
10.5 miles from the Duluth Harbor Entry Lat 46° 52.77 Lon 91° 55.15
McQuade Access is a 3+ acre harbor where small craft can seek protection from storms. It has 4 protected ramps for safe boat launching and retrieval, tie-up docks, a park-like setting with walkways along the harbor, walkways and fishing structures on top of the breakwater, a pedestrian underpass beneath Scenic Highway 61, public restrooms, parking and public green space.
- A three-acre harbor where small craft can seek protection from storms
- 4 ramps for boat launching and retrieval
- Kayak launch ramp
- Make ready docks
- Parking: 54 car/trailer spaces, 23 car-only spaces
- Public restrooms
- Public space with walkways and benches
- Tunnel clearance 14' 6"
- Shore fishing from three platforms, one is accessible
- Solar collector panels to help provide power for the site, with excess power fed back to the local power grid
- Pedestrian tunnel
- Nearby restaurants and lodging