2015 PolyMet Mining Inc./NorthMet Project
Final Environmental Impact Statement (Final EIS)
Download Complete Final EIS »
Note: this PDF is large (263 MB, 3,576 pages) and could take time to download.
Download Individual Chapters
Table of contents
- Signature Page
- EIS Front Matter
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - EIS Development
- Chapter 3 - Proposed Action and Alternatives
- Chapter 4 - Affected Environment
- Chapter 5 - Environmental Consequences
- Chapter 6 - Cumulative Effects
- Chapter 7 - Comparison of Alternatives and Other Considerations
- Chapter 8 - Major Differences of Opinion
- End Matter
- Appendix A - Response to Comments on the NorthMet EIS
Complete EIS comment submissions available upon request.
- Appendix B - Underground Mining Alternative Position Paper
- Appendix C - Tribal Position Supporting Information
- Appendix D - Biological Assessment and Biological Evaluation
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and its federal agency Co-leads have issued a short list of corrections (i.e., errata) for the Final EIS. The corrections are routine and minor in nature. They relate to references in the Final EIS and do not alter the analysis presented in the Final EIS in any way. One reference was incorrectly cited in the Final EIS and two references documents were inadvertently left off the master reference list and were not included in the reference documents we distributed. The errata corrects the reference, updates the master reference list and includes the two reference documents. The citations and reference materials are part of how the Co-lead Agencies have substantiated their Final EIS analysis. Thus we are providing the public with these short list of corrected information about the documents on which that analysis is based.
- Project and Land Exchange Overview
- What is the Environmental Review Process?
- What's changed since the Draft EIS?
- What's changed since the Supplemental Draft EIS?
- Supplemental Draft EIS Comment Response Process
- Effective Commenting on the Final EIS
- A Guide to the Final EIS Document
- Air Quality
- Water Quantity
- Water Quality
- Wild Rice
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- Cultural Resources
- Land Exchange
- Reclamation and Financial Assurance
- Cumulative Effects
- Tailings Basin Stability
- Water Modeling
- Potential North Flow Path at Mine Site
- Duration of Treatment and Financial Assurance
- Human Health