Upper Lightning Lake Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The proposed project:
The public watercourse that connects Upper Lightning Lake to downstream Denton Slough has become filled with narrowleaf/hybrid cattail and sediment. The MDNR Section of Wildlife is proposing to install a pump and lift station at the outlet of Upper Lightning Lake to manage water levels on Upper Lightning Lake, and improve wetland wildlife habitat and water quality.
A 30-day public review and comment period is open from July 7, 2014 through August 6, 2014. Public notice of the availability of this EAW is in the July 7, 2014 EQB Monitor.
- Upper Lightning Lake Water Level Management Project Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) including the Cover Letter
- Attachment A: Preliminary Design Plans for the Downstream Channel
- Attachment B: Preliminary Design Plans for the Structure and Upstream Channel
- Attachment C: Existing Ground Profile
- Attachment D: Design Report for Upper Lightning Lake
- Attachment E: Draft Management Plan for Upper Lightning Lake
- Attachment F: Minnesota State Historic Preservation Office correspondence
Written and signed comments on the EAW are to be received by Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources, Box 25
Attn: Jill Townley
500 Lafayette Road St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Send to Environmentalrev.firstname.lastname@example.org. "Upper Lightning Lake EAW" must be included in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to (651) 296-1811.
Please call (651) 259-5168 if you have questions about this EAW.