Hunting and trapping regulations
2012 hunting regulations
The online versions of the 2012 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Handbook and 2012 Deer Season Map contain the latest corrections to the printed versions. Corrected text is highlighted in green. An arrow in a nearby margin points to updated text.
- Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations Handbook (4.2 MB)
- 2012 Firearms Deer Zone Map (2MB)
- 2012 Waterfowl Hunting Regulations (1.8 MB)
Updates as of 7/31/2012
- Wild Turkey season - regulations, p. 55
- Deadline to apply for anterless permit corrected to Sept. 6, 2012 - deer map, p. 2
- Number of permits in area 252 added - deer map, p. 2
- Deer hunting by permit only at Lake Alexander SNA - regulations, p. 113
Did you know the DNR's Section of Wildlife manages 50 different game species? Well, they do, plus 1,400 Wildlife Management Areas too. Indeed, Minnesota is the envy of most states. It offers vast public lands, a wide variety of species to hunt and some of the best ruffed grouse hunting in America. DNR appreciates all the efforts of organized groups and individual hunters, anglers, trappers and others who supported new license prices, which were approved by bi-partisan support in the Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Mark Dayton. Visit our Bottom Line section to learn more about how this increase will help your favorite hunting or trapping area.
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at email@example.com or call at 651-296-6157 or 888-MINNDNR.
These documents contain a synopsis of the state hunting and trapping laws and regulations. For complete hunting and trapping laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.