ATV safety training
ATV Safety Training Requirements
Students age 11 through 15 must complete the MN ATV Safety online class before signing up for a Hands On ATV class. The certification is required for all ATV operators age 12 and older who were born after July 1, 1987.
- First, complete the MN ATV Rider’s Safety Class online:
Offroad-ed.com (the fee for the online course $29.50)
- OR -
ATVcourse.com (the fee for the online course $29.95 *Family/group pricing)
- Next, attend a Hands-On ATV Safety class:
Students ages 11 - 15 must register for a Hands-On ATV Safety Training class located on our Class Calendar (below). A fee may be collected by the instructor.
Students can print their ATV Safety Certificate at the DNR website after passing both the online and Hands-On class. DNR fee is $10.00.
- ATV safety training is available to anyone 11 or older.
- 10 and 11 year olds may operate 90cc or less on public lands with a parent or guardian
- Anyone born after July 1, 1987, and who is 16 years or older are required to complete online MN ATV Safety online class before operating an ATV on public lands, frozen waters, public road rights-of-way, or state or grant- in-aid trails.
- Proof of completion of the ATV RiderCourse offered by the All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Institute is adequate to meet the safety certificate requirements. The fee for the course is $55. ATV RiderCourse enrollment
Find (and sort) more courses on the DNR Safety Training Calendar!
Click on the course name for details.