As a volunteer Wildlife Species Instructor for black bear or wild turkey you can use your knowledge and experience to teach hunters who are interested in participating in a specific species hunt about the biology and behavior of these animals.
Wildlife Species Instructor training sessions
Training sessions are taught by Regional Training Officers (RTOs) with the division of enforcement and free of charge. During the training session, you will learn about the policy and procedures, teaching concepts, use of training aids and classroom training techniques.
Certified volunteer instructor requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Pass a BCA background application check
Becoming a Wildlife Species Instructor
- Process instructions - steps for new instructors and instructors seeking recertification
- Training class calendar - certified volunteer instructor classes
Information for current Wildlife Species Instructors
- Supplies, forms, manuals - download training materials
- Online course registration - schedule your training sessions
- Online supply order - order supplies for pre-arranged safety training classes
- Regional Training Officer Map
News and events
For more information on the Education and Training Instructors program please contact us.