Discover Minnesota's waters
- The Aquatic Management Area program administers more than 700 AMAs and 770 shore land miles in 73 of Minnesota's 87 counties.
- AMAs provide angler and management access, protect critical shore land habitat and provide areas for education and research.
- Trout stream easements, a special type of AMA are concentrated in the cold-water rich counties such as Fillmore and St. Louis.
Know before you go
An AMA's type determines what activities are allowed:
- General Use: Angling, non-motorized travel, wildlife observation, hunting and trapping.
- Restricted use: Angling, non-motorized travel, wildlife observation.
- Easement (angling only): Easement AMAs are on private property and acquired specifically to allow angling access. All other uses require landowner permission.
Find an AMA