Join our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about the outdoors and protecting our natural resources.
Make a meaningful impact.
We are seeking talented, innovative employees to help us carry out our mission. You will understand the impact of your work and be able to see the benefits.
Be part of a diverse community.
We celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good.
Work and grow with us.
We offer superior health, leave and retirement benefits and a solid commitment to work-life balance. You'll have the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
We have permanent, seasonal, full-time and part-time positions around the state.
All DNR employees contribute to the agency’s work to protect the environment and ensure Minnesotans are able to enjoy it for years to come. Whatever your path, you can find it in nature. Career opportunities include:
Protecting natural resources and promoting recreational safety...
- Conservation officers
- Fisheries and wildlife specialists
- Wildland firefighters
- Lifeguards and watercraft inspectors
Taking care of and teaching about our facilities, flora, and fauna...
- State park supervisors and naturalists
- Ecologists, geologists, lands professionals, and hydrologists
- Building maintenance specialists and groundskeepers
- Outdoor education and outreach specialists
Supporting DNR operations from the inside...
- Accountants, finance officers, administrative assistants, and project managers
- Customer service representatives, human resources specialists, and safety and health officers
- Writers, designers, marketing specialists, and media coordinators
- Architects, engineers, and cartographers
Helping college students get ready for a career in environmental and natural resources…
- Find out about the next opportunity to get hands-on experience as a DNR intern.
- Learn about our Increasing Diversity in Environmental Careers (IDEC) program.