Here is your natural resources education clearinghouse. We have resources for educators, families, and anyone interested in learning more about natural resource conservation and outdoor recreation.
Attend hands-on training in one or more of these award-winning curriculums.
- Project Learning Tree uses trees and forests as a lens to engage students in the environment and learn about natural resources.
- Project WET (Water Education for Today) is an action-oriented education helping participants to understand and value water, ensuring a sustainable future.
- Project WILD is a wildlife-based curriculum that fosters responsible actions toward wildlife and related natural resources.
The Minnesota School Forest Program partners with schools that want to teach outdoors for regular classroom instruction and manage their land sustainably for future generations.
Check out more DNR teaching resources including how to get started, lessons, posters, wildfire prevention activities, and nature play ideas.
Individuals and families
Learn a new skill, gain confidence, and have fun through our outdoor skills programs.
- Becoming an Outdoors Woman (BOW) helps women and families gain experience and improve techniques in hunting, fishing, and outdoor skills.
- Fishing in the Neighborhood (FiN) provides family-friendly, accessible fishing opportunities in the seven county metro area.
- I Can! Outdoor skills programs for beginners gives families a way to try out new skills including camping, paddling, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, archery and more.
- Learn to fish or learn to hunt with information on where to go, how-to guides, and upcoming learning opportunities.
- Outdoor skills and stewardship webinar series can help you learn about and sharpen your skills. Register for upcoming live webinars (Wednesdays at noon) or watch past sessions online.
- Safety courses for boat and water, ice, firearms, hunting, or recreational vehicle safety.
- Find a naturalist program, take a tour, or become a Junior Park Naturalist at a Minnesota state park.