Volunteer Facilitator information
Requirements of a Volunteer Facilitator
- Have an interest and experience in natural resource education.
- Want to help other educators learn how
to incorporate environmental education in their classrooms.
How to Become a Volunteer Facilitator
- Attend a PLT, Project WET and Project WILD educator workshop.
- Register for Facilitator Training by filling out the Application Form and completing Pre-Training Homework . Application due by April 15, 2011
Volunteer Facilitator Training
Expectations for Volunteer Facilitators
- Plan and conduct (or help conduct) at least one workshop every two years.
- Connect other educators with environmental education.
- Promote PLT, Project WILD, and Project WET programs in your area.
Benefits of becoming a Volunteer Facilitator
- Get training and techniques on how to conduct more effective workshops.
- Become part of a unique network of Minnesota DNR Project Facilitators.
- Receive additional free resources and training opportunities.
- Receive access to free and low-cost teaching materials for check-out and use.
- Excellent reference and experience for your career and resume.