Firewise in Minnesota
|Order your Firewise homeowner's kit!|
Is your home Firewise?
As a homeowner you must realize that the threat of wildfire is real. Minnesota alone has more that 2,200 fires a year.
Fire is an inherent danger to having a home in the woods, but that doesn't mean you can't something about it. In fact, creating a defensible space around your house will enable your home to survive a wildfire.
- Creating a Firewise Property
- Measuring the Fire Hazard of Your Rural or Forest Home
- Will your home survive-50 things you can do to protect your home
- 25 Tips to Make Your Home Firewise
- Anatomy of a Firewise home
- "Wildfire: Are You and Your Home Prepared?"; -Fire Hazards in Rural or Forest Homes
Publications and Resources
- Fire ecology, behavior and home
- 25 tips to make your home Firewise
- Conducting a home risk evaluation
- When a fire approaches (From firewise.org)
- Wildfire...are you prepared? (236Kb)
- Wildfire-Proof Your Home (Conservation Volunteer article, July-August 2002)
- Is your home protected from wildfire? (497Kb)
- Firewise watch outs! (4.5Mb)