What's a strategic plan?
Strategic plans are developed in order to keep pace with the regularly changing environment in which the division of Parks and Trails operates. Such plans are intended to help the division succeed by sharpening its focus on goals and priorities, while improving performance and accountability.
Strategic plans also address trends that affect not only the division or the MN DNR, but the state and nation - such as an aging population, declining participation in nature-based outdoor recreation, and changing needs and preferences of park and trail users.
Current strategic plans
- Minnesota State Parks and Trails System Plan
- Division of Parks and Trails Strategic Plan: 2012-2022
- Minnesota State Parks and Trails: Directions for the Future
- Strategic Plan 2006-2011 (49 pages 5 MB)
- Executive Summary (4 pages fold in half, 287 KB)
- Strategic Workplan 2007-2008 (16 pages, 77 KB)