Online Training for Lake Service Provider Employees: Frequently Asked Questions
- Does each employee need to register for their own account? Do employees take the training under the owner's account? I have a permit in my name, do I still need to do the online training?
- Can multiple employees watch the training at once?
- What if the employee does not have an email address?
- I printed my certificate, but I lost it. How do I get more copies?
- What do I do if the training is running poorly or slowly or giving messages about buffering.
- I completed the training, but at the end after I pushed “print certificate” my certificate was blocked and I can’t print it. What do I do?
Does each employee need to register for their own account? Do employees take the training under the owner's account? I have a permit in my name, do I still need to do the online training and get a certificate?
Each employee at the business will need to register and create their own account. The name of the account holder will be the name that is printed on the certificate upon completion of the training.
If you log-in under the owner’s account and do the employee training, the name on the certificate will be the name of the owner (the name of the person the account is under). Therefore, each employee should create their own account and not use the owner's account.
If your name is on the permit for your business then you do not need to do the online training. Your name on the permit shows that you have attended the in-person training and passed the test. There is no need for you to do the online training and test to get a certificate. Permits should always be available to show to a conservation officer. A permit with your name on it shows that you have received training.
Each employee must pass the test questions on their own to get their permit. Therefore, each employee must take the training on their own and answer the questions on their own. Each employee at the business will need to register and create their own account. The name of the account holder will be the name that is printed on the certificate upon completion of the training.
Employees without email addresses must still register and create an account in their own name. Sign up for a free email account through any web based email services (like gmail, yahoo, or hotmail) to set up an address to use for lake service provider employee training registration and certification.
Your certificate is in your account as an electronic file (pdf format). Log back in to your DNR account. The electronic version of your permit will be there. You can open the file or save the file to your computer and print whenever you’d like.
Review the system requirements listed on the employee training website:
- Make sure you have the most current version of Adobe Flash® Player
- Make sure you have an up-to-date web browser:
- Once you have created an account and chosen “Take online lake service provider employee training”, you can choose the option that is labeled “begin training for slower connections”.
- Make sure that pop-up blockers are disabled.
If you have tried all 4 of these things and are still experiencing technical difficulties, please call 651-259-5100.
I completed the training, but at the end after I pushed “print certificate” my certificate was blocked and I can’t print it. What do I do?
This is a problem that occurs when pop-up blockers prevent the system from generating a certificate. First try logging out of your account and then log back in. Once you’ve logged back in, check to see if your certificate is in your account. If it is not, please call 651-259-5100. If you get voice mail please explain what happened and leave your first and last name, the email address you used for your account, and a phone number.
If additional employees will be taking the training on the same computer, make sure that pop-up blockers are disabled. Pop-up blockers will block certificates.
Return to Lake Service Provider Employee Online Training webpage.