Register for Training & Pay Permit Fees
Businesses that are defined by Minnesota law as lake service providers need to have the owner or manager attend aquatic invasive species training and apply for a lake service provider permit every three years.
- Confirm your business in an LSP.
- Decide who in your company (owner or manager) should attend training and be named on the permit.
If you need more than one owner or manager to be listed on the permit they must all attend class and pass the test but only need to pay for one permit.
- You need to have an online DNR account.
- Sign up for training
- Select "Register for Lake Service Provider classroom course and apply for a permit" and follow the steps to register.
- Attend your training and take the test.
Make sure the person (owner or manager) who registers for the account and training is the one attending the training.
The DNR will mail the permit and vehicle stickers to you once you have:
- Attended training
- Passed the test
- Completed payment online
At the training session you will receive:
- A 3-hour training session with DNR staff, including time for questions and answers.
- A Lake Servicer Provider Training Manual outlining the information you need to understand current AIS laws, pass the test, and acquire your permit.
- Suggestions on how to integrate AIS prevention strategies into your business.