Minnesota Scientific and Natural Areas
Scientific and Natural Areas are wonderful places to experience Minnesota's ecological and geological diversity. Many of these sites are home to rare and sensitive features, so please follow these guidelines for responsible use to reduce your impact:
Appreciate Natural Areas for their true purpose
- Natural Areas are first and foremost intended for the conservation of Minnesota's ecological, geological and wildlife diversity. Recreation is limited to protect this diversity.
Know before you go
Be light on the land
- Do not litter. Leave Natural Areas as you found them.
- Do not disturb wildlife. Give wildlife space to move freely. Don't create a potentially hazardous situation for you or for them.
- Help prevent the spread of invasive species.
Do not pick or collect any natural features
- Leave plants, animals, rocks, and other natural elements in place to fulfill their role in nature.
Have fun and be safe!