Lodging: Camper Cabins
A Minnesota State Park hidden treasure!
Camper cabins are rustic, one-room wooden cabins that provide basic shelter for visitors who want a "camping out" experience but prefer not to deal with a tent.
Each 12 by 16 foot cabin contains a table, benches, and wooden bunkbeds with mattresses. Most cabins have a screened porch.
Camper Cabin slideshow. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
Basic cabins: (no electricity)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $45 per night
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $50 per night
Cabins with electricity: (electricity and/or heat)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $50 per night
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $55 per night
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m. Reserve Now!
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday through Sunday October through March, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily April through September. Call center is closed holidays.
Learn more about making or cancelling a reservation.
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 1 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Camper cabins do not have indoor plumbing but are located in or near the park's campground, where seasonal restrooms, showers, and drinking water are available. Vault toilets are available year-round at all locations.
- Capacity: Up to 6 people (up to 5 people in wheelchair-accessible cabins).
- Cooking: All cabins have a picnic table, fire ring, and grill for outdoor cooking. No cooking is allowed inside the cabins, except for crockpots and coffeepots.
- Electricity: Many camper cabins have electricity.
- Heat: Some camper cabins are heated for year-round use.
- Air conditioning: The camper cabins at Lac qui Parle State Park are air conditioned.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota restricts firewood being brought to or used on DNR lands. More information and vendor list
- Pets: Not allowed in camper cabins.
- Smoking: All cabins are smoke free.
Remember to bring:
* 2014 rates for basic camper cabins will be $50 weekdays (Sun-Thu) and $55 weekends (Fri-Sat). For camper cabins with heat or electricity will be $55 weekdays and $60 weekends.