Deer Hunting Season
Deer Hunting Lotteries
- Check 2016 antlerless deer and special hunt lottery results
- Check 2016 muzzleloader deer hunt lottery results
Deer Hunting Regulations
2016 Deer Permit Areas
Choose the interactive link to find your specific area report.
Choose the PDF for a broad overview of all areas.
Seasons (see regulations for detailed information):
- 2016 Special youth deer hunts
- Special firearms hunts
- Special archery hunts
- Special muzzleloader hunts
- 2016 Camp Ripley Archery Hunt Packet
Surplus permits on sale Sept. 16
Hunters who missed the lottery deadline for the Camp Ripley archery deer hunt can purchase surplus permits on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon on Friday, Sept. 16. Hunters who already received a permit will not be allowed to purchase a surplus permit.
A total of 997 permits remain for the first hunt which runs Thursday, Oct. 20, and Friday, Oct. 21, while 97 permits remain for the second hunt which runs Saturday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Oct. 30. A person may only purchase a permit for one of the hunts.
Hunters can purchase a surplus permit at any Minnesota Department of Natural Resources license agent or online. Permits will remain on sale as long as they are available, or until Friday, Oct. 7. Permits cost $12.
- Mandatory Deer Harvest Registration - There are now 3 ways to register harvested deer in Minnesota.
- Registration stations by City
- Registration stations by County
Topical hunting information
- Legal big game cartridges
- Venison donation program
- Lead information for hunters
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Tree Stand Safety
- For harvest reports, harvest maps, population modeling, winter severity indexes and surveys, visit the Deer management page.
- Chronic wasting disease information