2014 Deer Hunt
- In 95 percent of the state, only one deer can be harvested so check closely to determine if you need to submit a lottery application.
- Deadline for lottery applications is Thursday, Sept. 4.
- In 69 of Minnesota's 128 deer permit areas, hunters must be chosen in a lottery to shoot an antlerless deer. Only bucks can be hunted in 14 areas. In 38 areas, hunters have the choice of shooting a doe or a buck.
- Bonus permits allowing hunters to shoot more than one deer may only be used in seven permit areas and for some special hunts.
- 2014 Deer Zone Map (2.5 MB)
- 2014 Deer Hunting Regulations (4.5 MB)
- 2014 Deer season information packet
Camp Ripley Archery Hunt Lottery, 1st and 2nd Season
Hunt A: 10/15/14 to 10/16/14 (Wed.-Thu.)
Hunt B: 10/25/14 to 10/26/14 (Sat.-Sun.)
Youth Deer Hunts
Seventeen hunts offered. Apply by 8/15/2014 at any license agent.
Lake Alexander SNA deer hunt
Deer hunting information
- Mandatory Deer Harvest Registration - There are now 3 ways to register harvested deer in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations Handbook (3.6 MB)
- Legal big game cartridges
- Venison donation program
- Lead information for hunters
- Hunting licenses - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Tree Stand Safety
- 2014 Deer Zone Map (2.6 MB) - Antlerless lottery deadline is Thursday, Sept. 4.
- Deer management
- Chronic wasting disease information
- Bovine Tuberculosis in Minnesota - Information about bovine TB-infected deer
- How to age your deer (USGS Web site)
Reports and surveys
- 2012 Zone 3 deer hunter survey
- Study Of Deer Management On Private Lands In Southeast Minnesota
- 2011 Camp Ripley Archery Hunter Survey Report
- 2012 Camp Ripley 1st Hunt Harvest Summary
- 2012 Camp Ripley 2nd Hunt Harvest Summary
- Archive of hunter surveys
Maps and statistics
All files are in PDF format.
- Minnesota winter severity index
- Pre-Fawn deer density
- Deer harvest maps and statistics