2014 Deer Hunt
- In 95 percent of the state, only one deer can be harvested so check closely to determine if you need to submit a lottery application.
- Deadline for lottery applications is Thursday, Sept. 4.
- In 69 of Minnesota's 128 deer permit areas, hunters must be chosen in a lottery to shoot an antlerless deer. Only bucks can be hunted in 14 areas. In 38 areas, hunters have the choice of shooting a doe or a buck.
- Bonus permits allowing hunters to shoot more than one deer may only be used in seven permit areas and for some special hunts.
Camp Ripley Archery Hunt Lottery, 1st and 2nd Season
Hunt A: 10/15/14 to 10/16/14 (Wed.-Thu.)
Hunt B: 10/25/14 to 10/26/14 (Sat.-Sun.)
Youth Deer Hunts
Seventeen hunts offered. Apply by 8/15/2014 at any license agent.
Lake Alexander SNA deer hunt
Deer hunting information
- Mandatory Deer Harvest Registration - There are now 3 ways to register harvested deer in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations Handbook (3.6 MB)
- Legal big game cartridges
- Venison donation program
- Lead information for hunters
- Hunting licenses - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Tree Stand Safety
- 2014 Deer Zone Map (2.6 MB) - Antlerless lottery deadline is Thursday, Sept. 4.
- Deer management
- Chronic wasting disease information
- Bovine Tuberculosis in Minnesota - Information about bovine TB-infected deer
- How to age your deer (USGS Web site)
Reports and surveys
- 2012 Zone 3 deer hunter survey
- Study Of Deer Management On Private Lands In Southeast Minnesota
- 2011 Camp Ripley Archery Hunter Survey Report
- 2012 Camp Ripley 1st Hunt Harvest Summary
- 2012 Camp Ripley 2nd Hunt Harvest Summary
- Archive of hunter surveys
Maps and statistics
All files are in PDF format.
- Minnesota winter severity index
- Pre-Fawn deer density
- Deer harvest maps and statistics