No early August goose season in 2016
What you'll need
- Weekly waterfowl migration report
- 2016 Waterfowl Hunting Regulations (1.8 MB)
- Season dates for north, central and south duck zones (1.8 MB)
- Buy your license - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program) - certification necessary for hunting migratory birds.
- Hunting & Trapping Regulations
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Additional waterfowl information
In the news
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- Spring light goose regulations
- Lac qui Parle Goose Hunting Guide
- Learn the difference between swans and snow geese
- Goose hunting locations
- Goose hunting tips
- Duckboat safety tips for Minnesota waterfowlers
- Scaup and coot die-off at Lake Winnibigoshish
- Avian influenza, wild birds, hunting, and bird feeders