The 2013 Minnesota Waterfowl Hunting handbook is available online, at license agents and many area DNR offices.
August Canada Goose Management Action
Note: The following refuges are open for harvesting Canada geese during the August conservation action: Clay County, Evansville (Douglas County) and Harstad Slough (Stevens County).
Migration and hunting reports
What you'll need
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- How to identify ducks (article from US Fish & Wildlife Service)
- How to properly clean ducks
- Water Safety for Duck Hunters
- Duckboat safety tips for Minnesota waterfowlers
- Scaup and coot die-off at Lake Winnibigoshish
- Avian influenza, wild birds, hunting, and bird feeders
- Algae identification and information