Wildlife managers from throughout Minnesota tell you what they're seeing in the DNR's weekly waterfowl migration report. Reports will generally be posted Thursday under migration and hunting reports.
Migration and hunting reports
What you'll need
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- How to identify ducks (article from US Fish & Wildlife Service)
- How to properly clean ducks
- Prescription for Duck Hunters
- Duckboat safety tips for Minnesota waterfowlers
- Scaup and coot die-off at Lake Winnibigoshish
- Avian influenza, wild birds, hunting, and bird feeders
- Algae identification and information