Snowmobile Safety Instructor
As a volunteer Snowmobile Safety Instructor you can use your knowledge and experience to teach people to ride snowmobiles safely.
Snowmobile Safety Instructor training sessions
Training sessions are taught by Regional Training Officers (RTOs) with the division of enforcement and free of charge. During the training session, you will learn about the policy and procedures, teaching concepts, use of training aids and classroom training techniques.
Certified volunteer instructor requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Pass a BCA background application check
Becoming a Snowmobile Safety Instructor
- Process instructions - steps for new instructors and instructors seeking recertification
- Training class calendar - certified volunteer instructor classes
Information for current Snowmobile Safety Instructors
- Supplies, forms, manuals - download training materials
- Online course registration - schedule your training sessions
- Online supply order - order supplies for pre-arranged safety training classes
- Regional Training Officer Map
News and events
- Snowmobile Safety CD Course instructors needed - We need to add to the number of instructor teams who teach the CD course. One team member needs to attend a two hour training session. Contact your RTO to Arrange a Snowmobile Instructor Clinic.
- ATV/Snowmobile Safety Education News - Fall-Winter 2011 edition (newsletter archives)
For more information on the Education and Training Instructors program please contact us.