• Provides a long-term, sustainable yield of forest resources from state forest lands; improves the health and productivity of other public and private forest lands and community forest lands; and protects life, property, and natural resources from wildfires.
• Promotes the conservation, enjoyment, and use of Minnesota's forests.
• The 2015 Governor's Christmas tree, harvested from the Chengwatana State Forest! Learn about this beautiful white spruce, the forest it came from, and when you can see it at the Governor's residence.
• Standing Tall , our new photo-rich magazine, showcasing Minnesota's forests and the work of the Division of Forestry.
• Protect our state forests— don't move firewood! Firewood brought into DNR state lands must be purchased within 50 miles of its origin from an approved DNR firewood vendor with a proof of purchase receipt. More information