Conservation Partners Legacy Grant Program
The Conservation Partners Legacy (CPL) grant program funds conservation projects that restore, enhance, or protect forests, wetlands, prairies, and habitat for fish, game, and wildlife in Minnesota. Funding for the CPL grant program is from the Outdoor Heritage Fund, created by the people of Minnesota. The CPL Program has been recommended by the L-SOHC to (and approved by) the MN Legislature annually since 2009.
The MN DNR manages this program to provide competitive matching grants from $5,000 to $400,000 to local, regional, state, and national nonprofit organizations, including government entities.
The application system for the Traditional and Metro O25/U25 grant cycle is closed for FY2014. All funds have been awarded and there will not be a second round of funding.
$1 million of the $3.494 million appropriated to the CPL grant program for FY2014 is dedicated to the Expedited Conservation Projects (ECP) grant cycle. The application system for the ECP grant cycle opened August 1, 2013 and will be open continuously though May 14, 2014, or until all funds are awarded. The ECP grant cycle is closed for FY2014. All funds have been awarded.
Sign up here for the CPL Listserv and be the first to know when new information is available, including application open and close dates, deadline reminders, and award announcements.
Information for Grant Applicants
Many of the requirements for this grant program are based on recommendations by the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council (LSOHC) to and approved by the Minnesota Legislature. These requirements were incorporated into the DNRs Conservation Partners Grant Program Accomplishment Plan as approved by the LSOHC. Links to all years of legislation and Accomplishment Plans are provided below.
- Minnesota Constitution, Article XI. See Section 15
- FY2014 2013 MN Law Chapter 137, Article 1, See Section 2, Subd. 5 (j)
- FY2013 2012 MN Law Chapter 264, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5i
- FY2012 2011 MN Law First Special Session Chapter 6, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(g)
- FY2011 2010 MN Law Chapter 361, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(i)
- FY2010 2009 MN Law Chapter 172, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd.5(a)
- CPL Accomplishment Plans
Other Related Programs:
- Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council
- Clean Water Legacy Fund Grants
- Parks and Trails Legacy Grant Program
- Parks and Trails Legacy Plan