Conservation Partners Legacy Grant Program
Round 1 for FY13 has closed and $3.5 million has been awarded for projects that restore, enhance and/or protect habitats for Minnesota’s fish, game and wildlife. Please see the O25/U25 webpage for more details. A Round 2 is not anticipated for FY13.
New this year is the addition of the Expedited Conservation Projects (ECP) grant cycle for restoration and enhancement projects under $50,000. For a list of eligible projects and to access the online application, please see the ECP web page.
Sign up here for the CPL Listserv and be the first to know when new information is available, including application open and close dates, deadline reminders, and award announcements.
Funding for the CPL grant program is from the Outdoor Heritage Fund, created by the people of Minnesota. The CPL Program was recommended by the L-SOHC to (and approved by) the MN Legislature annually since 2009.
The CPL Program has been recommended by the L-SOHC to (and approved by) the MN Legislature from 2009-2011. The MN DNR manages this program to provide competitive grants from $5,000 to $400,000 to local, regional, state, and national nonprofit organizations, including government entities. The grants are for work to enhance, restore, or protect the forests, wetlands, prairies, and habitat for fish, game, or wildlife in Minnesota.
Information for Grant Applicants
Many of the requirements for this grant program are based on recommendations by the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council (LSOHC) to and approved by the Minnesota Legislature. These requirements were incorporated into the DNRs Conservation Partners Grant Program Accomplishment Plan as approved by the LSOHC. Links to all years of legislation and Accomplishment Plans are provided below.
- Minnesota Constitution, Article XI. See Section 15
- 2009 MN Law Chapter 172, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd.5(a) (FY2010)
- 2010 MN Law Chapter 361, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(i) (FY2011)
- 2011 MN Law First Special Session Chapter 6, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5(g) (FY2012)
- 2012 MN Law Chapter 264, Article 1. See Section 2, Subd. 5i (FY2013)
- LSOHC Funded Programs Accomplishment Plans and Update Summaries
Link to access all CPL accomplishment plans, by year of funding
For more information contact:
Jessica Lee, CPL Grant Program Coordinator
651-259-5233 (St. Paul)
Conservation Partners Legacy Grant
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
Related DNR Programs:
Other Related Programs:
- Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council
- Clean Water Legacy Fund Grants
- Parks and Trails Legacy Grant Program
- Parks and Trails Legacy Plan