What is Match?
A 10% match of the total grant amount requested is required (may be cash or in-kind).
Cash Match is actual cash contributed to a project, such as:
- Cash contributed by your organization;
- Cash contributed by a third party that is supported by a Partner Commitment Letter and documented in the grantee’s files; or
- Supplies or contracted services to be paid for by the grantee for project activities during the grant period.
In-kind Match is non-cash donations of a good or service, such as:
- Personnel time given to the project (existing staff or volunteers);
- Use of equipment; or
- Donated supplies or services.
All match funds must:
- Be reasonable, necessary, and allowable for the performance of the grant award;
- Conform to grant program guidelines;
- Be provided for in the approved budget;
- Be from a non-state source
- Be treated consistently with other costs incurred by the organization;
- Be in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); and
- Be adequately documented (i.e., are verifiable from the grantees records and reported to the grant program as requested).