Traditional Grant Cycle
The application system for the FY2015 Traditional Grant Cycle will open August 1, 2014.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations and government entities
- Projects must occur on public lands or waters or lands protected by a permanent conservation easement
- Competitive grants evaluated with the CPL Evaluation Criteria Table
- Grants from $5,000-$400,000 with a 10% non-state match requirement and a total project cost cap of $575,000
- Projects that protect, restore or enhance forests, wetlands, prairies & habitat for fish, game and wildlife in Minnesota
- Protection projects include fee title and premanent conservation easement acquisitions
- Land acquired in fee must be open to all seasons of hunting and fishing
- Up to 2 rounds of funding (if funding remains from the 1st round) see FY15 CPL Grant Funding Schedule for deadlines
See the Project Information Tab for:
- CPL Budget Definitions
- In-kind Information and Rates for Project Match
- Example Partner Commitment Letter
- CPL Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
* A signed Land Manager Review and Approval Form is a required attachment for all applications. The Public Waters Project Form must also be completed and attached if any work will involve public waters.