We've transitioned from a paper-based system to an online system for water use reporting, permit applications, permit change requests, and well construction preliminary assessment requests. MPARS is designed to benefit DNR's permit holders and applicants with a simple, convenient and easy-to-use system.
The new online system is customer-service focused. Our goal is for permit applicants, permit holders and the public to be able to easily navigate the new system. Customer-friendly features include:
- Convenient access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- User-friendly online permit application process
- Information-saving features allow you to start an application, save the information you have entered and finish the application at a later time
- Water use reporting feature automatically calculates volumes and fees owed
- Secure banking system allows payment online; no more check writing and looking for a stamp to mail in payments!
- Straight-forward online process to request changes to permits, including amendments, transfers and terminations
- Single starting point for joint application process when DNR, Board of Water and Soil Resources and U.S. Army Corp of Engineer permits are needed
- Easy interface to ask DNR staff questions
Benefits to the Public
- Increased transparency of the permit application process - permit applicants may always login to the MPARS system to see what stage their application is at in the process
- Improved access to permit files - all permit records will be maintained online, allowing permit holders to access their permit file at any time
- Better tracking of payments through a secure online method for payment
- Reduced data entry errors as the public will enter their own water use data and double-check its accuracy