Maps and Coastal GIS Resources
We're all pilgrims on the same journey-but some pilgrims have better road maps". - Nelson Demille
Coastal Program Funded Mappping Projects
- NRRI's Coastal GIS Allows users to study and explore Minnesota's North Shore of Lake Superior.
- The North Shore Management Board and ARDC's North Shore GIS Collaborative page provides links to interactive maps, GIS data downloads, and Decision support materials.
- Minnesota's Lake Superior Beach Monitoring Program View local beach advisories.
- Lake Superior Streams or DuluthStreams.org provide real time stream data for communities, citizens, and students.
- Snow Rules! provides enhanced snow and precipitation monitoring within Minnesota's Lake Superior Watershed.
Maps featured in our Final Environmental Impact Statement
- Lake Superior Watershed Coastal Program Boundary
- St. Louis and Carlton Counties Coastal Boundary
- Lake County Coastal Boundary
- Cook County Coastal Boundary
- Subwatersheds of Minnesota's Lake Superior Basin
- Minnesota's Arrowhead Region
- North Shore Management Plan Boundary
- Recreation and Historical Sites Within the Coastal Area
- Adjacent States & Provinces
Minnesota GIS and Map Resources
- Minnesota's Geospatial Information Office (MnGeo)
- The Minnesota DNR's Map Page provides links to interactive maps, pdf maps, and GIS data downloads.
- Minnesota DNR's Data Deli provides access to GIS data and tools
- Watershed Assesment Tool
National Data and Map Resources
- Digital Coast provides access to data, tools, training and information needed by coastal resource management professionals.
- Enviromapper is a single point of access to U.S. EPA environmental data.
- Soil Data Mart provides access to the USDA NRCS soil data online, and data downloads.
- StreamStats - Minnesota is a web based GIS providing analytical tools useful in water resource planning.
- GIS Inventory the Ramona GIS Inventory is a service of the National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC).
- Geospatial One Stop for Federal, State and Local Geographic Data. All of our Coastal Zone Management Act funded projects are required to post GIS projects to this site.