Invasive terrestrial plants
- Why should I care about invasive plants?
- Brochure- (Midwest Invasive Plant Network)
- Video - Little things, big problems: invasive plants in our parks (National Park Service)
- How can I prevent the spread of terrestrial invasive species?
- Additional information on terrestrial invasive plants
(including additional identification guides)
- Looking for management recommendations? Try the interactive Invasive Plant Control Database (by the Midwest Invasive Plant Network and the University of Wisconsin). It allows you to specify the species of interest, the time of year of treatment, the habitat, and other customizations.
- Looking for plant disposal recommendations? See the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's Guide to Removal and Disposal of Noxious Weeds in Minnesota.
The list below is an educational list of plants that can be invasive in natural areas. Some plants are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture as Noxious Weeds and that is noted in their descriptions.
*Early detection of invasive terrestrial plants