Our goal is to deliver reliable and supported certified market value appraisals at a reasonable cost and in a timely manner.
To accomplish this goal, Cindy Nathan coordinates the appraisal assignment process and coordinates the process of getting appraisals reviewed, repaired and certified.
The Appraisal Management Unit includes the following staff:
Appraisal Management Unit Supervisor
1601 Minnesota Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401
Request for Proposals for Professional Appraisal Services
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking to contract with a number of qualified real estate appraisers licensed by the State of Minnesota and certified at either of the following levels: (a) Level 3: Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser, or (b) Level 4: Certified General Real Property Appraiser. Appraisers entering into such contract shall be entitled to be considered for appraisal assignments from the DNR during the contract period of January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2014. The DNR contracts with, and assigns work orders to, licensed real estate appraisers statewide in support of its acquisition, sales, and land exchange programs. The DNR reserves the right to assign appraisers at its sole discretion, based upon the complexity of the assignment, the qualifications of the appraiser, the appraiser's fee requirements, and the geographic location of the appraisal assignment. Inclusion on the DNRs list of appraisers does not constitute a guarantee of future work and appraisers may elect to decline any assignments offered. Incoming proposals shall be reviewed by the DNR on a monthly basis. Applicants whose proposals are approved can expect to receive a contract in the month following approval.
To be included on DNRs list of appraisers, download a Request for Proposal (262 kb).
For more information, please see the posting on the Department of Administration's web site (reference number PT1123).
DNR Supplemental Appraisal and Appraisal Review Guidelines
- Supplemental Appraisal & Appraisal Review Guidelines PDF format (Effective January 1, 2016)
- Supplemental Appraisal & Appraisal Review Guidelines PDF format
Appraisal and Appraisal Review Forms
- Appraisal Certification
- Reviewer Certification
- Landowner Disclosure
- Grant Acquisition Packet
- Grant Improvement Disposition
- Grant Initial Site Assessment
- Grant Administrative Review Checklist
- Appraisal Summary
- Real Property Market Value Summary Report
DNR Reviewer List 2015
- OHF Grant Attachment E: Land Acquisition Reporting Procedures
- ENRTF Grant Attachment E: Land Acquisition Reporting Procedures
- Highest & best use example
- Qualitative analysis example
- Before & after example
- Understanding Forestry Roads
- Appraising Life Estates
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisition
- Appraisers that hold a current master contract with the State to perform appraisal work