• Managing the state's mineral resources for the benefit of all Minnesotans.
• Providing real estate services to support the resource goals of the state.
• Managing mineral exploration and mine development on state-owned and tax-forfeited lands to generate equitable rental and royalty income for the state's School and University trust funds, local communities, and the state's General Fund.
• Ensuring that mineral development is environmentally sound, and mined areas are reclaimed to be safe, free of pollution, and suitable for future use.
• Maintaining the surface and mineral land records for state-owned, DNR-administered lands.
News & Public Notices- April 17, 2014: Aitkin County sand and gravel resource potential map and GIS data released.