Lands and Minerals
- Managing the state's mineral resources for the benefit of all Minnesotans.
- Providing real estate services to support the resource goals of the state.
- Managing mineral exploration and mine development on state-owned and tax-forfeited lands to generate equitable rental and royalty income for the state's School and University trust funds, local communities, and the state's General Fund.
- Ensuring that mineral development is environmentally sound, and mined areas are reclaimed to be safe, free of pollution, and suitable for future use.
- Maintaining the surface and mineral land records for state-owned, DNR-administered lands.
Lands and Minerals News
Latest news: December 6, 2016 - Exploration proposed on state nonferrous metallic minerals leases.
Lands and Minerals News »
Land for Sale - Public Auction
DNR held three fall land auctions for lakeshore and acreage parcels in northeastern, north-central and northwestern Minnesota.
Land sale webpage »
Get up to date permitting information about PolyMet's NorthMet project.
DNR's PolyMet Permitting webpage »
View or download a selection of publications from Lands and Minerals Division.
Publications webpage »