Welcome to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Land Sale page.
The Department of Natural Resources held a public land auction on October 9 in Virginia, Minnesota. Of 27 parcels offered, four were sold:
- Property #29025 Lake George - Hubbard County: Sold at minimum bid of $6,680
- Property #69019 Twig Trust - St. Louis County: Minimum bid $102,050; sold price $110,000
- Property #69020 Bear Island Lake - St. Louis County: Sold at minimum bid of $33,500 (island parcel)
- Property #69021 Fredenberg Township - St. Louis County: Sold at minimum bid of $37,450 (south parcel)
The unsold lands offered in the October 9 auction were Trust Lands, and therefore cannot be offered except at a public auction. There is no auction date set for 2015; please check back on this page or sign up (bottom of the page) for an update on the time and location of the next auction.
Over the Counter Land Sales
Properties still available for purchase over-the-counter are posted below.
Interested parties should review the property data sheets posted below and the Instructions for Over-The-Counter Land Purchase and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Click on the underlined link to view or download the property data sheets.
- Sale 01253 (44.25 acres, minimum price $49,350)
- Sale 01254 (40 acres, minimum price $37,300)
- Sale 01255 (27.88 acres, minimum price $23,080)
- Sale 18163 (40 acres, minimum price $42,075)
- Sale 21006 (5.0 acres, minimum price $25,800)
- Sale 85009 (14.58 acres, minimum price $37,305)
The Mn Dept of Transportation and Dept of Administration also periodically sell surplus property. Click on the links to find out more.