Welcome to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Land Sale page
The Department of Natural Resources held a public land auction on June 8 in St. Paul.
Two parcels were offered for sale in Dakota County and one sold:
19002 (Northern 40 acre parcel: minimum bid/sold price $542,150.00)
The remaining southern 40 acre parcel in Dakota County is available Over-the-Counter (see below).
Over the Counter Land Sales
Recent legislation now allows the prices of previously offered properties to be reduced! Some properties have a new, lower minimum purchase price. Properties still available for purchase over-the-counter are posted below.
Interested parties should review the property data sheets posted below and the Instructions for Over-The-Counter Land Purchase and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Click on the underlined link to view or download the property data sheets.
- Sale 01253 (44.25 acres, minimum purchase price
$49,350.00– NOW $37,320.00)
- Sale 01254 (40 acres, minimum purchase price
$37,300.00– NOW $28,280.00)
- Sale 01255 (27.88 acres, minimum purchase price
$23,080.00– NOW $18,040.00)
- Sale 11273 (1.22 acres, minimum purchase price $55,710.00)
- Sale 11274 (40 acres, minimum purchase price $59,180.00)
- Sale 18163 (40 acres, minimum purchase price
$42,075.00– NOW $32,050.00)
- 19003 (Southern 40 acre parcel, minimum purchase price of $539,200.00)
- Sale 29106 (30 acres, Sold on May 9, 2016)
- Sale 29103 (40 acres, minimum purchase price
$72,725.00– NOW $66,130.00)
The Mn Dept of Transportation and Dept of Administration also periodically sell surplus property. Click on the links to find out more.