Boat removal options

Boat at a dock

Need to take your boat off the water?

You can use a public water access.

You can use a private access, such as marinas, resorts, homeowners associations, clubs, and camps. These are not on public water access maps, but are often known locally. 

Or you can enlist the help of lake service providers.  Lake service providers install and remove docks and lifts and other water related equipment for a fee. These providers are required by the DNR to be trained and have a permit. Search for lake service providers here. (Select your county. The results appear at the bottom of the page.)

The list of permitted lake service providers is made available for the convenience of the public only. The State of Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources neither endorse the services listed nor accept any liability arising from the use of the services listed.

Back to top