Coming to the park? Know the "key three:"
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check current visitor alerts and download maps in advance of your trip. Services and facilities may be limited, so bring everything you might need.
- Play it safe. Give full attention to your surroundings. Know your personal limits and don't take unnecessary risks.
- Follow the rules. Continue to follow all COVID-related guidance, and practice social distancing -- even outdoors. Help keep parks and trails pristine by staying on trails and disposing of trash properly.
Snowshoe in Minnesota state parks
Snowshoeing is a fun winter activity that gets all ages outdoors exploring the beauty of winter. You can snowshoe anywhere in Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas, except on trails that are specifically groomed for another activity, such as skiing or snowmobiling.
Before you go
- Remember to check the snow and trail conditions before you head out.
- Let's Go Snowshoeing article from Minnesota Conservation Volunteer .
- Make a weekend of it! Rent a campsite or cabin and get the full experience.
- Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
State parks with snowshoe rentals ($6/day)
Due to COVID-19 snowshoe rentals may not be available.
* At Wild River State Park, snowshoes are available for rent through a private concessionaire located at the park's Trail Center. For rental rates or to reserve equipment, call Wild River Ski Rental at 651-257-0685.
Snowshoeing in SNAs
You can also snowshoe in a Scientific and Natural Area, where you'll enjoy some of the finest native habitats Minnesota has to offer.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
There are currently no event listings.
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.