Snowshoeing is a fun winter activity that gets all ages outdoors exploring the beauty of winter. You can snowshoe anywhere in Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas, except on trails that are specifically groomed for another activity, such as skiing or snowmobiling.
- Remember to check the snow and trail conditions before you head out.
- Use the ParkFinder to find parks with warming shelters and other winter amenities.
- Let's Go Snowshoeing article from Minnesota Conservation Volunteer .
- Make a weekend of it! Rent a campsite or cabin and get the full experience.
- Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
State parks with snowshoe rentals ($6/day)
* At Wild River State Park, snowshoes are available for rent through a private concessionaire located at the park's Trail Center, Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For rental rates or to reserve equipment, call Wild River Ski Rental at 651-257-0685.
Snowshoeing in SNAs
You can also snowshoe in a Scientific and Natural Area, where you'll enjoy some of the finest native habitats Minnesota has to offer.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
William O'Brien State Park
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.