Public water accesses (boat launches)
Public water accesses are open 24 hours a day unless posted otherwise. They are available for both trailer and carry-in. 12-18 foot boats can be launched at most launch ramps; some can handle larger boats. There are no launch fees, unless the access is located within a park requiring a vehicle permit.
Find a boat ramp and check on its condition
- Water access maps by county
- Email us to report a problem
- Check water levels
- (Seasonal) Check statewide ice-out conditions
Boat and water safety resources
Stay safe on the water! Learn about boat and water safety, including life jacket requirements and fit.
- Boating regulations
- Boat and water safety
- Boat and water safety courses
- Safety tips for the early boating season
- Safe harbors
Best management practices
Information for water access providers and resource managers.