The Land of 10,000 Lakes is an exciting destination for boaters - Minnesota's waterways have something for everyone! Paddle a canoe down a lazy stream, get your adrenaline pumping with whitewater kayaking, pull the kids on a tube behind your boat on an inland lake, or troll for Coho salmon on the mighty Lake Superior.
To check installation status and other specific dock details, search for a waterbody in Lake Finder and choose the water access link from the menu on the left.
- Find a public water access.
- Check the entire ramp for hazards before launching.
- Avoid power loading - it damages boats!
- Remove your boat from the water.
Protect waterways from invasive species
Follow state aquatic invasive species laws to protect Minnesota's waters for the future and to avoid fines. Clean your watercraft, drain all water, and dispose of unused bait.
Boat registration and trip planning
- Minnesota boating guide
- Watercraft registration & fees
- Current no wake zones and local water restrictions
- Lake Superior Boating Guide
- Mississippi River and Twin Cities area river guides
- Information on charter boat/fishing guide licensing
- Information about boating in Canada