Record of Decision on Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for environmental review of the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Bike Trail Expansion Project in Crow Wing County, has issued a Record of Decision regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project.
The DNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required because the project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision. The Record of Decision also contains the Department's responses to all substantive written comments received on the Environmental Assessment Worksheet during the 30-day public review and comment period.
Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the state environmental review process for this project according to the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board rules, Minnesota Rules, part 4410.1000 to 4410.1700. This project can proceed to permitting and approvals.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
- EAW - Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Trail Development
- Figures - Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Trail Development
Public notice of the availability of this EAW for public comment is in the April 22, 2019 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period was open from April 22, 2019 until 4:30 p.m., May 22, 2019.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Northeast Region Headquarters, 1201 East Highway 2, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- Hennepin County - Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, Second Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis MN 55401
- Jessie F. Hallett Memorial Library, 101 1st Street SE, Crosby, MN 56441
- Brainerd Public Library, 416 South 5th Street, Brainerd, MN 56401
Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5694.
The proposed project
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is proposing to expand recreational opportunities within the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area, in Crow Wing County, by developing up to 50 miles of new trails in Yawkey, Mahnomen and Portsmouth Unit, and adding a trailhead and an outdoor event space in the Sagamore Unit.
Please call 651-259-5694.