Must be 18 or older to participate
I will always take these required steps to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species (AIS):
- Clean my boat and gear to remove plants and prohibited invasive species.
- Drain all water and leave plugs out during transport.
- Dispose of unwanted bait in the trash.
- Never release bait, plants or aquarium pets into Minnesota waters.
- Dry docks, lifts and rafts for 21 days before moving them from one water body to another.
I will take these additional steps to reduce the risk of spreading AIS whenever possible:
- Decontaminate my equipment – find free stations at mndnr.gov/decon.
- Spray my equipment with high-pressure water or rinse it with very hot water
(120 degrees for at least two minutes or 140 degrees for at least 10 seconds).
- Dry my boat and gear for five days before using in another water body.