Boaters can have courtesy decontaminations done at dozens of locations around the state. The decontamination units and DNR-authorized watercraft inspectors can help you comply with invasive species laws and reduce the risk of spreading aquatic invasive species.
The map shows scheduled decontamination locations. The calendar feature searches availability on specific days. Additional dates will be added as the season progresses.
Courtesy Decontaminations: What to expect
- The crew will be working at an open public water access.
- Watercraft entering and exiting the water will have priority. You may have to wait.
- Inform the inspector that you are there for a courtesy decontamination.
Before your visit
- Call the contact person listed for the site to confirm the unit is present.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the posted end time.
- If you are traveling with prohibited invasive species attached to your watercraft (such as zebra mussels) please print out and complete a permit before traveling.
Questions and Feedback
Watercraft Inspection Program Contact
DNR Division of Ecological and Water Resources
500 Lafayette Rd, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
tel: (651) 259-5152
fax: (651) 296-1811