PLT Facilitators class
Volunteer facilitators present quality PLT programs across Minnesota.
Requirements of a Volunteer Facilitator
- Have an interest and experience in natural resource education.
- Want to help other educators learn how
to incorporate environmental education in their classrooms.
- Attend a PLT educator workshop. Indicate you are interested in becoming a facilitator.
How to Become a Volunteer Facilitator
- Complete the facilitator application. Due Oct. 25.
Expectations for Volunteer Facilitators
- Plan and conduct (or help conduct) at least one workshop every two years.
- Connect other educators with environmental education.
- Promote PLT programs in your area.
Benefits of becoming a Volunteer Facilitator
- Get training and techniques on how to conduct more effective workshops.
- Receive additional free resources and training opportunities.
- Receive access to free and low-cost teaching materials for check-out and use.
- Excellent reference and experience for your career and resume.
- Propose a PLT Workshop-Minnesota
- Workshop Planning Checklist
- Sign In sheet/Photo Release
- Minn. Workshop Evaluation form
- Online Workshop Evaluation Form
- Facilitator Workshop Summary Form
Sample PLT workshop agendas
- 4-6 hour PLT K-8 agenda
- PLT Early Childhood agenda
- PLT for after-school programs agenda
- Climate change agenda (high school)
- Forest Health (high school)