If you’ve been using PLT and want to take the next step, consider becoming a facilitator!
Facilitators represent the DNR and present quality PLT workshops across Minnesota.
- Practice and apply adult education facilitation skills.
- Free resources and training opportunities.
- Access to free and low-cost teaching materials for check-out and use.
- Excellent reference and experience for your career and resume.
Requirements and Expectations
- Have previous experience in natural resource education.
- Desire to help educators learn how to incorporate environmental education in their classrooms.
- Have attended a PLT educator workshop before attending a facilitator training.
Facilitators are expected to:
- Facilitate or help facilitate at least one workshop every two years.
- Represent PLT with other educators.
- Promote PLT programs in your area.
If you meet the requirements above, you can become an Early Childhood and K-8 facilitator and do Steps 1-3 below.
- Complete the K-8 facilitator application and/or the Early Childhood facilitator application.
- Complete the free, one-hour ONLINE “Facilitator Training: Welcome to PLT!” (code will be provided after receipt of your facilitator application).
- If your application is accepted, you MUST attend the FREE in-person facilitator training you signed up for.
Upcoming Facilitator Trainings
- K-8 Facilitator Training: McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center in Savage, MN on July 14, 2022
- Early Childhood Facilitator Training: Harriet Alexander Nature Center in Roseville, MN on Sep. 13, 2022
Direct all questions to [email protected]
- Sample PLT workshop agendas
- Workshop helpers