Public Comment Period on Environmental Assessment Worksheet
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit (RGU) for environmental review of the Scenic 69-kV Transmission Line and Substation in Itasca County, Minnesota, has issued an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) for public review and comment.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- EAW – Scenic 69-kV Transmission Line and Substation
- Figures - Scenic 69-kV Transmission Line and Substation
Public notice of the availability of this EAW for public comment is in the June 24, 2019 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period will be open from June 24, 2019 until July 24, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5115.
The proposed project:
Great River Energy proposes to construct a 14-mile, 69-kilovolt transmission line that would connect to a new substation built by North Itasca Electric Cooperative northeast of Brush Shanty Lake. The project would address electrical reliability and low voltage concerns and provide capacity for growth in the project area.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, July24, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. Names and addresses will be published as part of the EAW record.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources
Attn: Cynthia Novak-Krebs
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Electronic or email comments may be sent to [email protected]. Use “Scenic 69kV” in the subject line. Providing the commenter’s name and mailing address would allow the DNR to follow up with any questions if needed.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-296-1811.
Please call 651-259-5115.
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Headwaters Regional Development Commission, 403 Fourth Street NW, Bemidji, MN 56619.
- Hennepin County – Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, Second Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1992
- Bemidji Public Library, 520 America Ave. NW, Bemidji, MN 56601
- Grand Rapids Area Library, 140 NE 2nd St., Grand Rapids, MN 55744