The proposed project:
Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Crew proposes to construct a total of 11.40 miles of recreational trails, consisting of the Cuyuna Connection Trail Loop and the Cuyuna Hills Trail Loop. The trails are designed to be used for non-motorized recreation access including mountain biking, hiking, trail running, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Cuyuna area.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit (RGU) for environmental review of the Cuyuna Connection and Cuyuna Hills Trail Project in Crow Wing County, Minnesota, has issued an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) for public review and comment.
- EAW – Cuyuna Connection and Cuyuna Hills Trail Project
- Figures – Cuyuna Connection and Cuyuna Hills Trail Project A
- NHIS Letter
- SHPO Response Letter
- Terracon Phase 1A Cultural Resources Survey
- NLEB Township Map
- Trail Construction Steps Illustrated
Public Comment Period
Public notice of the availability of this EAW for public comment is in the August 19, 2019 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period will be open from August 19, 2019 until September 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Northeast Region Headquarters, 1201 East Highway 2, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- Hennepin County – Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, Second Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1992
- Kitchigami Regional Library, 212 Park Avenue, Pine River, MN 56474
- Jessie F. Hallett Memorial Library, 101 1st Street SE, Crosby, MN 56641
- Brainerd Public Library, 416 S. 5th St., Brainerd, MN 56401
Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5115.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
People who would like to receive a response that includes final documents should include their name and contact information. Because all comments and related information are part of the EAW public record, any submitted names and contact information will also be published and publicly available.
Electronic or email comments may be sent to [email protected].
Please use “Cuyuna Connection EAW” in the subject line.
By fax to 651-296-1811.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources
Attn: Cynthia Novak-Krebs
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Please call 651-259-5115.