The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for environmental review of the Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project in Clay County, Minnesota, has issued a Record of Decision regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project.
The DNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required because this project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision.
Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the State environmental review process for this project according to the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board rules, Minnesota Rules, part 4410.1000 to 4410.1700. This project can proceed to permitting and approvals.
For additional information, or copies of the Record of Decision, call 651-259-5130.
- Record of Decision Cover Letter
- Record of Decision
- Record of Decision, Attachment A - Public Comments
- Record of Decision, Attachment B - Addendum to the Cultural Resource Review
Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- Cover Letter - Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project
- EAW - Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project
- Figures - Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project
- Attachments - Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project
Public notice of the availability of this EAW is in the November 23, 2015 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period is open from November 23, 2015 until 4:30 p.m. on December 23, 2015.
The proposed project:
The Goose Prairie Marsh Enhancement Project proposes changes to improve management of surface waters near Goose Prairie Marsh in Clay County. The project would include installation of a water control structure, raising 115th Ave. N, realignment of CD 18 from the marsh to the water control structure, and selective repair of CD 18 downstream of the new control structure. This is a joint project between the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Wild Rice Watershed District (WRWD).
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources, Box 32
Attn: Caroline Magnuson
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Send to [email protected]. "Goose Prairie Marsh EAW" must be included in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-296-1811.
Please call 651-259-5130.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Northwest Region, 2115 Birchmont Beach Road NE, Bemidji, MN 56601
- Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, 2nd Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Fergus Falls Public Library, 205 E Hampden, Fergus Falls, MN 56537