Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
- EAW - Lower Mound Lake Basin Restoration
- Figures - Lower Mound Lake Basin Restoration
- Attachments - Lower Mound Lake Basin Restoration
Public notice of the availability of this EAW for public comment is in the March 26, 2018 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period will be open from March 26, 2018 until 4:30 p.m., April 25, 2018.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155
- DNR Southern Region Headquarters, 21371 State Highway 15 South, New Ulm, MN 56073
- Hennepin County - Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, Second Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Marshall - Lyon County Library, 201 C Street, Marshall, MN 56258
- Rock County Community Library, 201 West Main Street, Luverne, MN 56156
Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5694.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will be issuing a separate Environmental Assessment (EA) on this project. A public notice concerning FEMA's EA will be published in the Rock County Star Herald.
The proposed project:
The DNR proposes to address conditions left by natural disasters that occurred between June and July, 2014, which resulted in a failed dam and damages, including the drained basin that was known as Lower Mound Lake, located within Blue Mounds State Park near Luverne, in Rock County, Minnesota. The proposed project includes removal of the remaining structures of the failed dam and restoration of Lower Mound Lake Basin to a natural stream.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Names and addresses will be published as part of the EAW record.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological and Water Resources
Attn: Kathy Metzker
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Electronic or email comments may be sent to [email protected] with "Blue Mounds EAW" in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-296-1811.
Please call 651-259-5694.