Record of Decision on Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for environmental review of the Rochester Sand and Gravel - North Quarry Project, Olmsted County Minnesota, has issued the attached Record of Decision regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project.
The MDNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement is not required because the project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision. The Record of Decision also contains the Department's responses to all substantive written comments received on the Environmental Assessment Worksheet during the 30-day review and comment period. Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the State environmental review process for this project according to the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board rules, Minnesota Rules, part 4410.1000 to 4410.1700. This project can proceed to permitting and approvals.
Please call (651) 259-5156 if you have questions about this Record of Decision.
Milestone Materials, Rochester Sand and Gravel - North Quarry Project
- Figure 1 (Project Vicinity Map)
- Figure 2 (USGS Topographic Map)
- Figure 3 (2010 Aerial Photograph)
- Figure 4 (North Quarry Existing Conditions, 2010)
- Figure 5 (North Quarry Site Plan)
- Figure 6 (Proposed Water Treatment Plan Schematic)
- Figure 7 (Proposed North Quarry Reclamation Plan)
- Figure 8 (Olmsted County Public Waters Inventory Map)
- Figure 9 (National Wetlands Inventory Map)
- Figure 10 (Subsurface Cross-Section Well Locations)
- Figure 11 (Well Locations Cross-Section A - A')
- Figure 12 (Well Locations Cross-Section B - B')
- Figure 13 (Minnesota Department of Health County Well Index Wells)
- Figure 14 (County Well Index Display Index)
- Figure 15 (County Well Index Display, Northwest Quadrant)
- Figure 16 (County Well Index Display, Northeast Quadrant)
- Figure 17 (County Well Index Display, Southwest Quadrant)
- Figure 18 (County Well Index Display, Southeast Quadrant)
- Figure 19 (Groundwater Contour Map)
- Figure 20 (Federal Emergency Management Agency Floodway Map)
- Figure 21 (Olmsted County Flood Insurance Rate Map)
- Figure 22 (Olmsted County Floodplain Zoning Map)
- Figure 23 (Soils Map)
- Figure 24 (Karst Features)
- Figure 25 (Karst Features, 3 Meter DEM)
- Attachment 1 (MN DNR Natural Heritage Information System)
- Attachment 2 (State Historic Preservation Office)
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. Email the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or call at 651-296-6157 or 888-MINNDNR.