Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has prepared an EAW for the project. Public notice of the availability of this EAW for public comment is in the October 15, 2018 EQB Monitor. A 30-day public review and comment period will be open from October 15, 2018 until 4:30 p.m., November 14, 2018.
- Cover Letter - Minnesota Valley State Trail, Bloomington Segment
- EAW - Minnesota Valley State Trail, Bloomington Segment
- Figure 1 - Project Location
- Figure 2 - United State Geological Survey Map
- Figure 3 - General Land Ownership
- Figure 4 - Typical Drawings
- Figure 5 - Land Cover
- Figure 6 - NRCS Soil Units
- Figure 7 - Hydrology Features
- Figure 8 - Areas of Potential Wetland Impacts Requiring Natural Community Analysis
- Figure 9 - Proposed Concept Plans
The Proposed Project:
The DNR proposes to develop 13.5 miles of the Minnesota Valley State Trail, from the Bloomington Ferry Bridge to the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center in Bloomington, Minnesota. The multiple-use, non-motorized recreational state trail will consist of a 10-foot wide paved surface with 2-foot vegetated shoulders. Expected trail uses include walking/hiking, bicycling, and in-line skating.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Names and addresses will be published as part of the EAW record.
Lisa Fay, EAW Project Manager
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Electronic or email comments may be sent to [email protected] with "MN Valley State Trail" in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list. Names and addresses will be published as part of the EAW record.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-296-1811.
Please call 651-259-5110.